Ganguly hails Bumrah and Nehra after thrilling win in second T20

Tags: England tour of India 2016 -17, India Vs England 2nd T20I at Nagpur, Jan 29, 2017, India, England, Sourav Chandidas Ganguly, Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah, Ashish Nehra, T20I

Published on: Jan 30, 2017

Scorecard | Commentary | Graphs

Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly was all praise for pacers Jasprit Bumrah and Ashish Nehra following India's narrow victory over England in the second T20 on Sunday. Bumrah gave away only two runs while claiming two wickets, as India successfully defended 145.

Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly was all praise for pacers Jasprit Bumrah and Ashish Nehra following India's narrow victory over England in the second T20 on Sunday. Bumrah gave away only two runs while claiming two wickets, as India successfully defended 145. While Bumrah finished the excellent figures of 20/2 Nehra claimed 3 for 28.

Speaking to India Today, Ganguly said, "You have to give credit to Jasprit Bumrah. Eight runs in the last over, six deliveries and only England had to lose the game and that's exactly what they did. He bowled superbly, his slower balls gripped on the surface and made life difficult but more than Nehra who I thought had an exceptional first spell, the last two overs of Bumrah which is the 18th and the 20th won the game for India."

"Bumrah won the game for India. In his third last over he pushed up the run-rate to 12 runs in an over and Ashish gave 16 and it was eight runs in the last over and he again pulled it back for India," he went on to say in further praise of Bumrah.

Ganguly also hailed veteran 37-year-old Nehra for coming up with the goods. "Ashish Nehra is a terrific bowler. His fielding has gone down a bit but I think with the ball, he has done superbly. There were questions raised after the last game in Kanpur whether he should be playing T20 cricket. Today with the ball he once again proved that with the ball he's probably as good as anyone in the side," Ganguly was quoted as saying by India Today.

--By A Cricket Correspondent

Related News